All the Employees of PHPA-I are mandated to get themselves thoroughly familiarized and abide at all times with the following “Code of Conduct and Ethics” as enshrined in the Service Rules of the Project:
Code of Conduct and Behaviour
All members of staff should have individual and collective responsibility to ensure safe, timely and cost effective completion of the PHPA-I project and towards fulfilling the goals of the company. In pursuit of this, an employee must:
- Work diligently with enthusiasm, cooperation and commitment.
- Strive to maintain the highest standards of integrity, honesty, fortitude, selflessness, loyalty, right attitude, right aptitude and patriotism, and endeavour to maintain professional excellence in the service of PHPA-I.
- Show initiative and creativity in solving problems and suggesting improvements to PHPA-I’s operations, sharing knowledge with fellow staff, and maintaining the highest possible standard of workmanship.
- Develop his/her own knowledge and skills, ensuring that he/she is able to work flexibly, prepare himself/herself to gain experience in other roles, and contribute to the organization with improved efficiency.
- Treat members of the local community, guest to PHPA-I’s facilities, contractors, & suppliers with courtesy and professionalism at all times.
- Recognize that PHPA-I is a 24 (twenty four) hour operation company and therefore be prepared to work in the service of the PHPA-I whenever necessary.
- Observe and comply with the rules, regulations, and instructions of the PHPA-I.
- Avoid all forms of discrimination, never giving nor receiving special favours or privileges which might adversely affect the way the work is performed.
- Maintain harmony and create team sprit with superiors, subordinates, and co-workers.
- While carrying out duties assigned by the PHPA-I, taking special care of the safety and wellbeing of co-workers, colleagues, customers, stakeholders and their properties and the property of PHPA-I as well as the wellbeing of the public at large.
- Not misuse his/her official position and authority.
- Maintain the public’s confidence in the integrity of the organization by refusing outside compensation for performing duties. Not take additional compensation in the form of fee, gift, reward, gratuity, expenses, etc., that could result in real or perceived preferential treatment, impediment of organisational efficiency or economy, loss of complete independence and impartiality, decision making outside official channels, disclosure or use of confidential information acquired through employment.
- An employee shall not become a member of a political party when he/she is an employee of PHPA-I.
- Declare such compensation (amount as determined by ACC of Bhutan) to the respective supervisor immediately (Exception: He/she may accept awards from non-profit organization for meritorious public contributions).
- All employees, upon joining PHPA-I, shall declare assets as per the Asset Declaration requirementof the Anti-Corruption Commission of Bhutan.
- Cherish and promote the Bhutanese spiritual, social, and cultural values such as “ThaDamtsi”, “Ley Jumdrey” and “DriglamNamzhag” and always abide by all Rules and Regulations and Laws of Bhutan.