MC-3 Power House
Construction of Head Race Tunnel (from Surge Shaft end), Surge Shaft, Butterfly Valve Chamber, Pressure Shafts, Power House and Tail Race Tunnel including Hydro-Mechanical works was awarded to M/s Hindustan Construction Company Limited.
The Contract Package MC-3 consist of the following key components:
- 10 m dia, 1.5 km long Head Race Tunnel from Surge Shaft end
- 24.5 m dia, 117 m deep with Orifice Slab, underground Surge Shaft with 40.1m x 31.2 m Dome.
- 80 m (L) x 12.3 (W) x 21.5 m (H) Butterfly Valve Chamber
- 99 m (L) x 11.8 m (W) x14 m (H) Ferrule Erection Chamber
- 6 m dia, 2 nos Steel Lined Pressure Shafts, 1460m long & 6 nos Penstocks of 3.32 m dia
- 236.5 m (L) x 22.9 m (W) x 53 m (H) Power House Cavern to House 6 (six), 200 MW units
- 215.7 m (L) x 14.3 m (W) x 26.3 m (H) Transformer Hall Cavern
- 166 m (L) x 12.6 m (W) x 59m (H) Downstream Surge Gallery Cavern
- 7 m dia 118 m & 158 m long unit Tail Race Tunnels & 10m dia, 1.3 km long Tail Race Tunnel
- 5 m (W) x 6.1 m (H), 668 m long D-Shaped Cable Tunnel
- 8 m (W) x 11 m (H), 52.5 m long, 3 nos D-Shaped Bus Ducts
- 5.5 m dia, 107 m long, 6 nos. Draft Tube tunnels
- 200 m (L) x 50 m (W) Pot Head Yard
- 720 m long Main Access Tunnel to Power House Cavern & 3.7 km long Adits/Access Tunnels to various components
- 2 nos. Surge Shaft, 6 nos Draft Tube & 2 nos. TRT Outfall Gates
Power House Construction in Pictures
Special Features/Uniqueness of the Package:
- The underground Surge Shaft Dome (40.1 x 31.2m) is the biggest Dome in hydropower development in this part of the World.
- 6m dia. steel-lined Pressure Shafts are one of the biggest underground Shafts constructed in this part of the world.